Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Choices, Choices....

Have you sent me your choices for roles in our four scenes from Measure for Measure?

#1: Act 2, Scene 1
Escalus, Elbow, Pompey, Froth (smaller), Angelo (smaller)

#2: Act 2, Scene 2
Angelo, Isabella, Provost (small), Lucio (small),


#3: Act 2, Scene 4

Angelo, Isabella, Servant (small)

#4: Act 3, Scene 1
Claudio, Isabella, Duke (silent)

By my count, there are 15 roles-- 9 larger and 6 smaller ones. With 7 students that means everyone needs to take on two roles and someone will need to tuck in a third role-- maybe the silent Duke in the final scene. Plus we'll need two plucky volunteers to take on two of the "larger" roles, requiring a larger commitment.

I would like to see Tom and John take on Angelo in Scene #2 or #3 with Isabella, and Andy take on Claudio in Scene #4. That leaves the four ladies with three Isabella scenes to chose from-- plus we need to fill out Scene #1, where Syd has announced a preference for Escalus.

Please send me your thoughts and or preferences so we can move forward on our great adventure!

Yours Truly,
a

1 comment:

jeanette said...

I'm feeling plucky--I'll take on a larger piece. I'd love to do at least one Isabella scene. Be happy to do whichever one.